Pavlova with Fresh Fruit Recipe
Jane Shapton of Irvine, California suggests this sweet showstopper that originates in Australia (see details at right). "Make a meringue nest, fill it with luscious almond cream and top it with fresh fruit," she says.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 225° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, beat cream and almond extract in a small bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon into meringue shell. Top with fruit. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 230 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pavlova with Fresh Fruit
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC