- crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire
- rack for 1 hour.
- Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg
- yolks until thick and lemon-colored; set aside. In a saucepan,
- combine pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt; bring to a
- boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir 1 cup hot pumpkin mixture into yolks;
- return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in softened gelatin. Set pan in
- ice water and stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5
- In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; gradually add
- vanilla and remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into
- pumpkin mixture. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2
- hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.