Paul's Pumpkin Patch Pudding Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs until blended; pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 3. Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; set aside. In a saucepan, combine pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir 1 cup hot pumpkin mixture into yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in softened gelatin. Set pan in ice water and stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; gradually add vanilla and remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 398 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Paul's Pumpkin Patch Pudding
"Excellent, but very rich. We got 20 servings out of ours and that seemed to be about the right size portion."