Paul's Pumpkin Patch Pudding Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs until blended; pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 3. Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; set aside. In a saucepan, combine pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir 1 cup hot pumpkin mixture into yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in softened gelatin. Set pan in ice water and stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; gradually add vanilla and remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 398 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Paul's Pumpkin Patch Pudding
"Excellent, but very rich. We got 20 servings out of ours and that seemed to be about the right size portion."