Pattypan Saute Recipe
Summer flavors like tomato and sweet red pepper pair well with sauteed squash in this lovely side. A sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese makes it savory and special.
- 2 cups halved pattypan squash
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute squash and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add red pepper and mushrooms; saute for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomato, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC