Summer flavors like tomato and sweet red pepper pair well with sauteed squash in this lovely side. A sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese makes it savory and special.
- 2 cups halved pattypan squash
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute squash and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add red pepper and mushrooms; saute for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pattypan Saute in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p49
Reviews for Pattypan Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review