Patties with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated breaded chicken patties
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Prepare orzo and peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, place chicken patties in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. In a blender, cover and process red and chipotle peppers until pureed; transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drain orzo and peas; combine. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken patty with 3 tablespoons sauce and 3/4 cup orzo mixture equals 470 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.