Patties with Red Pepper Sauce
Store leftover chipotle peppers in the refrigerator for up to a week. Add chopped peppers and adobo sauce to salsa and other red sauces.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated breaded chicken patties
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare orzo and peas according to package directions. Meanwhile,
- place chicken patties in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until heated
- In a blender, cover and process red and chipotle peppers until
- pureed; transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on
- high for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drain orzo and peas;
- combine. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken patty with 3 tablespoons sauce and 3/4 cup orzo mixture equals 470 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.