Patriotic Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Trifle(45)
Sort By :
I made this for a church gathering over the summer and it went fast! I was not a fan of the jello flavors but that's just personal preference! I was scouted out at church to make it again soon for a Ladies Retreat, but instead, I plan to use orange jello with mandarin oranges or fresh oranges! Thought I'd change it up a bit for the Fall season!
It was easy to make and made such a positive impression..AND it tasted SO good. YUM!
Made for labor day picnic. Everyone loved it!! Very professional looking when all put together. Delicious!!
Followed the recipe exactly, was very good but the jello made it sloppy. So I made it again for a pool party without the jello and it was great! I will continue to make this without the jello.
My husband made this dessert for a fourth of July celebration we had a couple of days ago. It was a huge hit! And instead of making the actual jello and putting it in with the angel food cake, he mixed the jello with the cool whip and made it into a mousse. It turned out great and the angel food cake didn't get mushy from the jello melting. Would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >