Patriotic Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Trifle
Sort By :
"I have made this dessert for years and years and each time it's eaten up! Yes, it gets messy when you dive in, but I haven't made a trifle yet that doesn't!! It is a beautiful presentation to any party or picnic too!!"
"I made this for a church potluck. I got many compliments & it was delicious as well as eye catching. Also it was easy to make.. A keeper!"
"Pretty can't wait to try"
"Instead of jello, I use blueberry and strawberry pie fillings. That way you don't have to worry about the jello melting. Every time I make it, I get lots of compliments and have so many people request the recipe so I started making up 3x5 cards with the recipe on it so I can just hand them out when someone asks. That way I don't have to try to remember who wanted the recipe later on."