- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a blender, combine 1 cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into strawberry mixture.
- In same blender, combine 1 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Layer 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture in each of 12 molds or paper cups. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Patriotic Pops
"I added a 1/4 cup of juice to 2 cups strawberries and a 1/4 cup of juice to 2 cups of blueberries, which helped thin it out and sweeten the fruit puree. With those quantities and 16 oz of vanilla yogurt, I got 10 popsicles."
"I added a little juice to the strawberry and blueberry parts to thin it out a bit while it blended. That worked pretty well, but my son didn't like it much. I did add banana, milk and honey to the middle (white) part. That was his favorite (and mine too). They do look nice, but the berries were pretty messy. I'm try it again soon with a few alterations to fit our tastes."
"strawberry and blueberry parts were pretty tart. we put banana in the middle and that was our favorite flavor. They are pretty."