Patriotic Pops Recipe
My kids love homemade ice pops, and I love knowing that the ones we make are good for them. We whip up a big batch with multiple flavors so they have many choices, but these patriotic red, white and blue ones are always a favorite! —Shannon Carino, Frisco, Texas
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- 1. In a blender, combine 1 cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into strawberry mixture.
- 2. In same blender, combine 1 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- 3. Layer 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture in each of 12 molds or paper cups. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 pop equals 45 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC