My kids love homemade ice pops, and I love knowing that the ones we make are good for them. We whip up a big batch with multiple flavors so they have many choices, but these patriotic red, white and blue ones are always a favorite! —Shannon Carino, Frisco, Texas
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a blender, combine 1 cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into strawberry mixture.
- In same blender, combine 1 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt; cover and process until blended. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Layer 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture in each of 12 molds or paper cups. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Patriotic Popsicles in Patriot Family After-School Snack Contest 2011
Reviews for Patriotic Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review