Patriotic Popcorn Cake Recipe
"My mother gave me this recipe, and it has been a bake sale and holiday favorite ever since," relates Teresa Lerret from Vacaville, California. "Kids and adults love the caramel popcorn taste. For faster preparation, use microwave popcorn," she suggests.
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 20 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup red, white and blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, caramels and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- 2. Stir in peanuts and M&M's. Press into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Cool until firm. Remove from pan; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC