Patriotic Popcorn Cake Recipe
"My mother gave me this recipe, and it has been a bake sale and holiday favorite ever since," relates Teresa Lerret from Vacaville, California. "Kids and adults love the caramel popcorn taste. For faster preparation, use microwave popcorn," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:16-18 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 20 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup red, white and blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, caramels and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- 2. Stir in peanuts and M&M's. Press into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Cool until firm. Remove from pan; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC