Patriotic Popcorn Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 20 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup red, white and blue milk chocolate M&M's
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, caramels and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- Stir in peanuts and M&M's. Press into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Cool until firm. Remove from pan; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Popcorn Cake
Sort By :
"this is yummy I took out the m and m and added gum drops."
"I have made this twice. I popped my own corn the first time, but used bagged popcorn this time and it worked so well!I also use the Kraft caramels that come in little balls instead of the cubes and they really melt well! I think one cup of the little caramel balls equals the 20 large cubes. I also always get worried that the carmel sauce won't be enough to cover the popcorn, but it turns out to be perfect! I loove this recipe!"
"I have to make this every fourth! Easy to make, easier to eat"
"I thought sustituting macadamias instead of peanuts, and forming individual popcorn balls instead of the cake, thus eliminating the cutting."