Patriotic Popcorn Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 20 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup red, white and blue milk chocolate M&M's
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, caramels and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- Stir in peanuts and M&M's. Press into a well-greased 10-in. tube pan. Cool until firm. Remove from pan; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Popcorn Cake
Sort By :
this is yummy I took out the m and m and added gum drops.
I have made this twice. I popped my own corn the first time, but used bagged popcorn this time and it worked so well!
I also use the Kraft caramels that come in little balls instead of the cubes and they really melt well! I think one cup of the little caramel balls equals the 20 large cubes. I also always get worried that the carmel sauce won't be enough to cover the popcorn, but it turns out to be perfect! I loove this recipe!
I have to make this every fourth! Easy to make, easier to eat
I thought sustituting macadamias instead of peanuts, and forming individual popcorn balls instead of the cake, thus eliminating the cutting.