Patriotic Picnic Club
"I used to work in a sandwich and ice cream parlor, and this deli club was one of our most popular," writes Esther Lehman of Fayetteville, Pennsylvania. Chili sauce and pickle relish add spark to the special sauce that makes this layered sandwich deliciously different.
3-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 9 slices bread, toasted
- 3 thin slices deli ham
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 thin slices deli turkey
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 3 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and pickle relish. Spread
- 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top three slices of bread
- with a slice of ham and Swiss cheese. Top each with another slice of
- bread. Layer with turkey, tomato and lettuce. Top with remaining
- bread. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Cut into quarters.
- Yield: 3-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.