Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes
These red, white & blue cupcakes are perfect for your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July get-together. Red velvet cupcakes are layered with blue ice cream and frozen whipped cream topping—a festive way to turn cake and ice cream into a hand-held dessert! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart blue moon ice cream, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Blue colored sugar
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 11-14
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream over cupcakes. Freeze for at least
- 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and marshmallow creme; beat until
- stiff peaks form. Pipe over cupcakes; decorate with sprinkles and
- colored sugar. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor’s Note: As a substitute for blue moon ice cream, tint softened vanilla ice cream with blue food coloring.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 202 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium,