- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart blue moon ice cream, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Blue colored sugar
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 11-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream over cupcakes. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and marshmallow creme; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe over cupcakes; decorate with sprinkles and colored sugar. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes
"These are a cute idea. I only filled the muffin pan about a quarter of the way to leave room for the ice cream. I also just tinted vanilla ice cream blue. My kids loved their little ice cream cakes."
"I used birthday cake ice cream and it worked great. Once it is softened and stirred together it is all blue. I agree, don't fill the muffin pans too full or there is no room for the ice cream."
"Love it! So simple and cute."
"The recipe was good but they took a long time to make."
"My family loved these!"