These red, white & blue cupcakes are perfect for your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July get-together. Red velvet cupcakes are layered with blue ice cream and frozen whipped cream topping—a festive way to turn cake and ice cream into a hand-held dessert! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart blue moon ice cream, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Blue colored sugar
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 11-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream over cupcakes. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and marshmallow creme; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe over cupcakes; decorate with sprinkles and colored sugar. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p6/29/09
Reviews for Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review