Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart blue moon ice cream, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Blue colored sugar
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 11-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream over cupcakes. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and marshmallow creme; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe over cupcakes; decorate with sprinkles and colored sugar. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
Love it! So simple and cute.
The recipe was good but they took a long time to make.
My family loved these!
A little disappointed in the recipe. Like a lot of other people if I ever did it again I would only fill the cups about 1/4 full or so. Filling them half way I thought was too much, but considering it was my first time making cupcakes I figured since CW published the recipe they must of have tried it out first, and my cake mix only yielded 24 cups not 36 like it says. And my frosting didn't turn out at all, even after trying it twice. So I went and bought cream cheese frosting and put that on the cupcakes that I *didn't* try to put ice cream on.
These were so good, that my daughter asked for them instead of cake for her birthday!