Patriotic Fruit Pizza
When strawberry season arrives, folks who know me anticipate this flavorful fruity dessert. It's very pretty and always gets lots of compliments whenever I take it. Amy Murdoch, Union Grove, Wisconsin
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry glaze
- In a bowl, combine the flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter
- until mixture begins to hold together. Press into a 12-in. tart or
- pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-15
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread over crust.
- Arrange strawberries in an 8- to 10-in. circle in center of pizza.
- Sprinkle blueberries around strawberries. Pour glaze over
- strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into wedges. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 454 calories, 26 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium,