Patriotic Frozen Delight Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir in yogurt, marshmallows and pecans. Spread half into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Sprinkle with half of the strawberries and blueberries. Cover with the remaining yogurt mixture; top with remaining berries. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Frozen Delight
Sort By :
"Very refreshing 4th of July dessert! Used vanilla greek yogurt (because it's what I had on hand) & portioned it out into 6 individual bowls. Not everyone was a fan of the mini marshmallows, but I enjoyed having them in the mix"
"easy, refreshing, liked the lemon juice, balanced out the sweetened condensed milk nicely. make sure the berries and strawberries are small and thinly sliced or frozen a little hard to eat."
"used vanilla chiboni yogurt (no added sugar in it) and made a nilla wafer crust with a bit of butter (to aid in removing from dish). I added a full container of blueberries and strawberries, so much more than what it called for, plus half a bag of marshmallows. Let it thaw a bit for best results. Hard frozen berries don't give off much taste, so the thaw is necessary."
"Took this to my Girls Nite Out Knitting and everybody raved about it. It's very refreshing, perfect for a hot day. I made some changes: 1 cup granola and 1 cup marshmallow instead of 2 cups marshmallow. Used walnuts instead of pecans cause that's all I have. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Hey, rebelwithoutaclue! How much Cool Whip did you use? I'm diabetic, so I cut sugar whenever I can, plus we don't care for marshmallows. Thanks for the tip! Made this recipe for the 4th of July. Family feedback was they really liked it; we're thinking the creamy lemon filling would be terrific served as a mousse or a pie filling using a thin sugar cookie crust! Also used sugar-free lemon yogurt instead of the plain. Excellent flavor; very refreshing! Forgot to mention that I used an 8oz container of Lite Cool Whip in place of the marshmallows."