Patriotic Frozen Delight
"My husband and I pick lots of fruit at berry farms in the area and freeze it to enjoy all year long," relates Bernice Russ of Bladenboro, North Carolina. "This frozen dessert showcases both blueberries and strawberries and has a refreshing lemon flavor."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir in yogurt,
- marshmallows and pecans. Spread half into an ungreased 11-in. x
- 7-in. dish. Sprinkle with half of the strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover with the remaining yogurt mixture; top with remaining berries.
- Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free sweetened condensed milk and nonfat yogurt) equals 185 calories, 71 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.