Patriotic Frozen Delight
My husband and I pick lots of fruit at berry farms in the area and freeze it to enjoy all year long. This frozen dessert showcases both blueberries and strawberries and has a refreshing lemon flavor. —Bernice Russ, Bladenboro, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir in yogurt,
- marshmallows and pecans. Spread half into an ungreased 11-in. x
- 7-in. dish. Sprinkle with half of the strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover with the remaining yogurt mixture; top with remaining berries.
- Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free sweetened condensed milk and nonfat yogurt) equals 185 calories, 71 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.