Patriotic Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping; spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 slice: 335 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Patriotic Dessert
"I made this for the 4th of July. it was an instant hit! I used white chocolate And cheesecake instant pudding. Very good and very easy!"
"Seems like a simple project"
"We loved it. It is the same recipe I have made for years except for the fruit. I will make it again and with different fruit."
"so easy and the whole family loves it ! it is make for more that the 4th of july .... love it !!"
"The whole family loved this. Requested it more often than 4th of July."
"Fun and Yummy. I did change crust to a graham cracker crust (super easy 3 cups of crushed crackers, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup sugar)- which required no baking, turned out great. Very pretty for 4th of July! I will make again with different varieties of fruit on top for other occasions."
"Very easy to prepare & holds up well. Good combination of flavors. A great "go to" dessert for any patriotic occasion!"
"This recipe was fairly easy to make. It definetely tasted better the next day. Its fresh and delicious."
"My mom made this desert a long time ago and it was so good. I would recommend it to anybody."