Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe
These festive cupcakes are sure to be the star of your Fourth of July menu. I divided the batter from regular cupcakes into portions and used food coloring to make red, white and blue treats. Our kids loved helping prepare them. —Jodi Rugg, Aurora, Illinois
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine 1-1/3 cups batter and blue food coloring. In another bowl, combine 1-1/3 cups batter and red food coloring. Leave remaining batter plain.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons red batter, 2 tablespoons plain batter and 2 tablespoons blue batter. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting; decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC