- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon clear or regular vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- Blue and red paste food coloring
- Star sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until crumbly. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in cookie crumbs.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add enough milk to make a stiff frosting. Remove 1 cup frosting to a small bowl; tint with blue food coloring. Divide remaining frosting in half; tint one portion red and leave remaining portion plain.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #1M star pastry tip. Fill bag with plain frosting; pipe over nine cupcakes. With red frosting, pipe nine more cupcakes. Pipe remaining cupcakes blue; top with sprinkles. Arrange cupcakes on a large platter, forming a flag. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Patriotic Cookie & Cream Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p224
Reviews for Patriotic Cookie & Cream Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review