Patriotic Banana Split Recipe
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon
- 6 large ripe bananas, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat granola cereal without raisins
- 1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and peel until smooth; set aside. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop six balls from watermelon (save remaining melon for another use). In shallow dessert bowls, arrange four banana quarters; top with a watermelon ball. Spoon cream cheese topping over melon. Sprinkle with blueberries and cereal. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.