Patriotic Banana Split Recipe
This lip-smacking salute to summertime is a creative cross between a classic banana split and a fruit salad. A scoop of watermelon, fresh berries and a sweet creamy topping produce a red, white and blue finale to any meal. And best of all, you won't have to worry about you dessert melting!
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon
- 6 large ripe bananas, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat granola cereal without raisins
- 1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and peel until smooth; set aside. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop six balls from watermelon (save remaining melon for another use). In shallow dessert bowls, arrange four banana quarters; top with a watermelon ball. Spoon cream cheese topping over melon. Sprinkle with blueberries and cereal. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 254 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Patriotic Banana Split
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC