Patriotic Banana Split
This lip-smacking salute to summertime is a creative cross between a classic banana split and a fruit salad. A scoop of watermelon, fresh berries and a sweet creamy topping produce a red, white and blue finale to any meal. And best of all, you won't have to worry about you dessert melting!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon
- 6 large ripe bananas, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat granola cereal without raisins
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and
- peel until smooth; set aside. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop six
- balls from watermelon (save remaining melon for another use). In
- shallow dessert bowls, arrange four banana quarters; top with a
- watermelon ball. Spoon cream cheese topping over melon. Sprinkle
- with blueberries and cereal. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 254 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.