- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, green chilies, brown sugar and seasonings. Sprinkle top with bacon. Bake, covered, 60-70 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Patio Pintos in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Patio Pintos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2015
"These are easy and delicious! Even better the next day."
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2015
"Wonderful recipe! This is definitely a keeper for us. It has just enough *zip* to make it interesting."