Patchwork Veggie Pizza
Decorating one of my favorite appetizers to serve to an avid group of quilters turned out to be such fun! I arranged the colorful vegetable toppings into a savory sampler for my luncheon guests to snack on.
—Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Unroll crescent dough and place on an ungreased baking sheet; press
- seams together to form a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Bake at 375°
- for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown; cool completely. Combine
- cream cheese and salad dressing; spread over crust to within 1 in.
- of edge. With a knife, mark off 20 squares. Fill each square with
- one vegetable to make a patchwork design or the quilt pattern of
- your choice. Refrigerate or serve immediately. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat crescent rolls and fat-free cream cheese and salad dressing) equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 98 calories, 274 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now