Pat's Potato Salad
I developed this recipe while working at a restaurant. We wanted a salad that would complement a barbecue sandwich and use up day-old baked potatoes. It keeps well and seems to taste even better after being refrigerated.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and parsley. In a small
- bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and mix
- well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Salad can be
- prepared a day ahead. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.