Pat's Pecan Chicken
Parmesan, pecans, oregano and basil blend beautifully in this crunchy, crusted chicken. The recipe couldn’t be much easier, and no one will know it’s lower in calories. —Patricia Brown, Battle Creek, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk,
- then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown
- chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.