Parmesan, pecans, oregano and basil blend beautifully in this crunchy, crusted chicken. The recipe couldn’t be much easier, and no one will know it’s lower in calories. —Patricia Brown, Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pat's Pecan Chicken in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pat's Pecan Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review