- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pat's Pecan Chicken
"We thought this was very good, next time, though, I'm going to use dry bread crumbs because it didn't stick to the chicken."
"really tasty, but I ended up throwing more than half of the breading away.."
"Wonderful flavor and so easy to whip up! I agree with wiscook on too much breading for just 4 x 4 oz chicken. I mixed my breading and only used a small amount for my two chicken breasts, froze the rest for next week!"
"I meant pie plate...not pit plate :)"
"Loved it! Great flavor. As for extra breading, I had some left over from the first time (just put part of it at a time in a pit plate to coat chicken) that I froze it and used it again. Made meal prep really quick!"