- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pat's Pecan Chicken
Sort By :
We thought this was very good, next time, though, I'm going to use dry bread crumbs because it didn't stick to the chicken.
really tasty, but I ended up throwing more than half of the breading away..
Wonderful flavor and so easy to whip up! I agree with wiscook on too much breading for just 4 x 4 oz chicken. I mixed my breading and only used a small amount for my two chicken breasts, froze the rest for next week!
I meant pie plate...not pit plate :)
Loved it! Great flavor. As for extra breading, I had some left over from the first time (just put part of it at a time in a pit plate to coat chicken) that I froze it and used it again. Made meal prep really quick!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >