Pat's Pasta Toss Recipe
Pair with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 4 Italian sweet sausage links (1 pound)
- 2 Italian hot sausage links (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions until peppers and onions are crisp-tender. Cut sausages into 3/4-in. slices. Return sausage to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain pasta and return to kettle. Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss to mix. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC