Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
This ultimate cheesesteak, an icon sandwich in Philly, is a best-seller at Pat's King of Steaks Restaurant. Patrons praise its thinly cut beef and crusty Italian rolls.—Frank E. Olivieri, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 small green pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced, optional
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split
- Process cheese sauce
- Ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and, if desired, mushrooms and peppers in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute beef in remaining oil in batches for 45-60 seconds or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- 2. On each roll bottom, layer the beef, onion mixture, cheese and, if desired, ketchup. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without optional in: 714 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC