Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 small green pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced, optional
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split
- Process cheese sauce
- Ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and, if desired, mushrooms and peppers in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute beef in remaining oil in batches for 45-60 seconds or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- 2. On each roll bottom, layer the beef, onion mixture, cheese and, if desired, ketchup. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without optional ingredeints or cheese): 714 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak
"Easy to make. My family loved them. Will make again."