Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 small green pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced, optional
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split
- Process cheese sauce
- Ketchup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and, if desired, mushrooms and peppers in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute beef in remaining oil in batches for 45-60 seconds or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- On each roll bottom, layer the beef, onion mixture, cheese and, if desired, ketchup. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now