This ultimate cheesesteak, an icon sandwich in Philly, is a best-seller at Pat's King of Steaks Restaurant. Patrons praise its thinly cut beef and crusty Italian rolls.—Frank E. Olivieri, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 small green pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced, optional
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split
- Process cheese sauce
- Ketchup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and, if desired, mushrooms and peppers in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute beef in remaining oil in batches for 45-60 seconds or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- On each roll bottom, layer the beef, onion mixture, cheese and, if desired, ketchup. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak in Country Woman April/May 2012
Reviews for Pat's King of Steaks Philly Cheese Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"Easy to make. My family loved them. Will make again."