- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pat's Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Yummy!! Simple and easy to make. Made as jumbo muffins (makes 6) with similar cooking times. Also liked that the recipe was not too bland and not too sweet. Just right for my toddler to snack on."
"These were very good and very similar to a box mix. For my own preference, I would prefer them to be sweeter, so I would increase the sugar to at least 1/2 cup. I also thought that there was too much baking powder, but only by a little. Otherwise, very tasty, easy to make, and super quick!"
"I love to use butter milk in cake type baked goods, they always seem so much moister. If I were to do that in this recipe, how much would I have to cut the butter amount or would I have to?"