Pat's Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Yummy and golden, these muffins are packed with plenty of berries and are a great addition to a brunch menu. But at our house, muffins aren't relegated to mornings - we also enjoy them for supper or for snacks anytime. -Patricia Throlson, Clear Lake, Minnesota.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pat's Blueberry Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p31
Reviews for Pat's Blueberry Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
I love to use butter milk in cake type baked goods, they always seem so much moister. If I were to do that in this recipe, how much would I have to cut the butter amount or would I have to?