Pat's Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Yummy and golden, these muffins are packed with plenty of berries and are a great addition to a brunch menu. But at our house, muffins aren't relegated to mornings - we also enjoy them for supper or for snacks anytime. -Patricia Throlson, Clear Lake, Minnesota.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC