- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add blueberries. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pat's Blueberry Muffins
"I was not impressed"
"This is a great standard blueberry muffin recipe. I like that all ingredients were pantry staples, and readily on hand."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have any blueberries, so substituted saskatoons, which are always in abundance in my freezer. I agree with @pammarie77 - they are the perfect sweetness for the kids. ThIe only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that they were lacking a bit of moisture. I think I'll add a couple tablespoons of our cream next time. My favorite muffin recipes almost always have sour cream. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"Yummy!! Simple and easy to make. Made as jumbo muffins (makes 6) with similar cooking times. Also liked that the recipe was not too bland and not too sweet. Just right for my toddler to snack on."
"I love to use butter milk in cake type baked goods, they always seem so much moister. If I were to do that in this recipe, how much would I have to cut the butter amount or would I have to?"