Pat-in-the-Pan Pie Crust
This pie crust requires no rolling pin—it's just simply patted into the pan.—Mrs. Anton Sohrwiede, McGraw, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt;
- cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and
- milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill as desired.
- If baking the filling, cover edges with foil during the last 30
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Yield: 1 pie crust (9 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.