Pastry-Topped Salmon Casserole Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon, flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in peas and carrots, potatoes, salmon, salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt remaining butter; brush some of the butter over the bottom and sides of a 2-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Line with five sheets of phyllo dough. Pour in salmon mixture. Crimp remaining sheets of dough; place over filling to cover the top. Brush dough with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 417 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 943 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Pastry-Topped Salmon Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.