Pastrami Asparagus Roll-Ups Recipe
"When people first see this appetizer, they're often skeptical about the combination," notes Sharon Waller from Aromas, California. "But once they take that first bite, they're hooked!" The addictive treat is enhanced with a flavorful pesto sauce.
- 24 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 thin slices (1 pound ) provolone cheese
- 24 thin slices deli pastrami (3/4 pound)
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each slice of cheese. Top each with an asparagus spear; roll up tightly. Place each on a slice of pastrami; roll up tightly. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pastrami Asparagus Roll-Ups
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC