- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in
- flour and remaining salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into
- egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining
- cheese. Pour sauce over macaroni.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 614 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,206 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now