Pastelitos De Boda
In Mexico, these rich cookies are called "Little Wedding Cakes" and usually are served with hot chocolate. Since moving here close to Mexico from the Midwest, I've enjoyed trying authentic recipes—they're a sharp departure from the Iowa favorites I grew up with! I love introducing these to relatives and friends! —Terri Lins, San Diego, California
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sifted King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add
- vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and nuts; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Add cream; knead lightly.
- Shape into a roll 2-1/2 in. in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until delicately
- browned around edges. Remove to wire rack. While warm, roll in
- additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 185 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.