- mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; transfer to a bowl.
- Add confectioners; sugar; beat on high until thick and creamy white,
- about 12 minutes. Add baking powder and extract. Divide into three
- equal portions. Add green food coloring to one portion and red food
- coloring to another; mix well. Leave the third portion white. Pour
- green mixture over crust; chill for 3 minutes. Top with white
- mixture; chill for 3 minutes. Top with pink mixture. Sprinkle with
- coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Yield: 9
Editor's Note: Varying room temperatures and humidity may cause the white and pink mixture to become too firm to spread. To soften, microwave on high in 5-second segments until mixture is spreadable. Torte may be frozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 360 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.