Pastel Tea Cookies Recipe
These glazed sugar cookies are perfect for nibbling between sips at a tea party, graduation or shower. —Lori Henry, Elkhart, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + standing YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 5 teaspoons water
- Pastel food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. butterfly or flower cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and meringue powder; stir in water until smooth. Divide among small bowls; tint pastel colors. Spread over cookies; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC