Pastel Pound Cake Recipe
Mini tinted marshmallows create a marbled look in this Bundt-shaped pound cake from Jean Karolewicz of Elmwood Park, Illinois. It's sppecial enough to offer at a festive gathering or to slice up for a weekday snack.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 319 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC