Mini tinted marshmallows create a marbled look in this Bundt-shaped pound cake from Jean Karolewicz of Elmwood Park, Illinois. It's sppecial enough to offer at a festive gathering or to slice up for a weekday snack.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pastel Pound Cake in Country Woman May/June 2004, p40
Reviews for Pastel Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review