In Santee, California, Teresa Ries tops her gelatin salad with pretty pastel mini marshmallow to add color to holiday menus. With its creamy lemon-lime base and tangy pineapple flavor, it's a tasty accompaniment to any meal.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine lemon and lime gelatin with boiling water; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; let stand for 10 minutes. Beat on high speed until smooth. Stir in milk and mayonnaise. Fold in pineapple.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with nuts and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pastel Gelatin Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p57
Reviews for Pastel Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review