Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach; simmer for 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP If you use baby spinach, you don't need to chop it before using in this recipe.
1 cup: 364 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 17g protein.