Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans Recipe
When time is short, try this delicious vegetarian main dish. You can vary the recipe by using chickpeas instead of cannellini beans and grated Romano cheese in place of feta. —Janet Briggs
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach; simmer for 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 364 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC