When time is short, try this delicious vegetarian main dish. You can vary the recipe by using chickpeas instead of cannellini beans and grated Romano cheese in place of feta. —Janet Briggs
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; simmer for 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p197
Reviews for Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2012
"While the recipe was very easy, we felt it was lacking something .... spice, garlic?"