Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon found the recipe for Pasta with Tomatoes in the newspaper a few years ago and has used it frequently ever since. "My husband, Charles, and I are busy on our farm and with other activities, so quick and easy dishes like this one are very important to me," Earlene asserts.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked bow tie pasta or spaghetti
- Fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Serve over pasta. If desired, garnish with basil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p16
Reviews for Pasta with Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2009
"Needed something quick to go with chicken tonight and saw this. Was delicious! I also added some finely chopped green pepper and onions."