Pasta with Shrimp & Basil
Purchasing precooked shrimp, bagged spinach and shredded cheeses from your local grocery store is a huge time-saver when you need to make this delicious pasta medley in a hurry. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until
- tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, spinach, pine nuts, cheeses, basil, salt and
- pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain
- pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 454 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium,