Pasta with Shrimp & Basil Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the shrimp, spinach, pine nuts, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 454 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Shrimp & Basil
"Wow, good stuff."
"Wonderfully flavorful! The only difference we made was use mozzarella instead of swiss cheese."
"Sorry but used ore cooked shrimp is a crime. They taste much better when we cook and to Cook shrimp takes what? 5 minutes. Try ad let me know the difference"
"easy quick & tasty"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.