Pasta with Sausage Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the peas, mushrooms, cheese and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 876 calories, 62g fat (34g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage Cream Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.