Pasta with Sausage Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the peas, mushrooms, cheese and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 876 calories, 62 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.