Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
I reach for this recipe whenever I crave spaghetti sauce but don't have the time to make my usual recipe.Michelle Dommel, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pasta, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Add tomatoes and
- basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve immediately over
- pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 525 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.